Women in Ancient Egypt
- Women and men in ancient Egypt enjoyed the same legal and economic rights. Women could divorce their husbands and remarry.
- Women and men were also subject to the same punishments.
- Women worked many of the same jobs men did, most in the fields. Life was tough, though women did live longer than men (58, 54)
- Women could hold political office, with several examples of female pharaohs available. There were at least 5, not including the Cleopatras and other Greek rulers.
- Women could also hold lower political office, with many being scribes.
- Women who were on their periods were considered to be removing impurities. They were excused from work and forbidden from some religious areas.
- It is worth noting that when Egypt was conquered by Greece, Egyptian women retained many more rights than their Greek counterparts.
my baby brother was really upset so
he was crying
until he realized he was taking selfies on my laptop
Best post on tumblr omg
I don’t understand because wasn’t Olaf’s actions of lighting the fire, almost melting and then trying to save her and act of true love and shouldnt that have unfrozen her heart?
for real i was watching and i was really upset that they did this scene but still needed love to be romantic??
but also them carrying her all the way back to the castle to get her there couldn’t that count as an act of love too??
It’s because the act of love had to be by Anna, not for her.
proof that a gif set of a drag queen receiving acceptance from her father will spread through tumblr like wildfire.. 33,000+ notes later.
Oh no I’m crying;;